Stationery is so pretty and fun, but it can be really pricey. If you’re crafty, you’re gonna love this! It’s really simple and cheap, and perfect for journaling or decorating notes.
I made 4 in half an hour, on both sides of the eraser.
- Plastic eraser (the cheapest, the better)
- Wood carving tools (you can use an x acto knife or cutter instead)
- Water markers (Crayola fine tips are fine)
- Choose a design that fits on your eraser, I recommend simple shapes, especially if it’s a small one. I drew a bunch of ideas before, and filled in the shapes to picture how it would look like.
- Draw it with your pencil on the eraser, keep in mind that when it transfers, the shape will be mirrored.
- If your design is smaller than the eraser, cut it, so you can use the rest for another one.
- Start carving all around your shape. You want to leave the design untouched, and the rest about 3mm deep. I used the curved carving tool for the silhouette (this can be really tricky, do it slowly), and the flat for the rest, carving horizontally.
- Once you’re done, paint with the marker on the shape and stamp it. Fix any details you don’t like, until the stamp looks like you want it. And done!
It’s kinda hard to make a perfect shape, so don’t feel frustrated.
Note: NEVER put your fingers on the way of the blade. Keep them on the side towards you, and carve away from you, or you’ll be asking for stitches!
I used the little circle to do a pattern with different colors, and it looks like a cute washi tape, can’t wait to make a few more with other shapes!Feel free to ask any questions on the comments, and share if you make them!